Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Post Op Info

Well, I am laying here feeling a little stiff!

Immediately after surgery until Tuesday night I felt awesome. I kept thinking “is this all”. I was up walking within the first hour and kept walking around the hospital every hour after that. It really helped with the stiffness that came from the surgery.

The staff was very surprised by how well I did and couldn’t believe how quickly I was able to get up and walked the entire bottom floor. The staff were amazing. I cannot say enough about how wonderful I was treated there. I felt like I was at a spa not a hospital.

I just felt soo good compared to what I thought I would feel. I am sure it helped that I had gone through soo much pain after my back surgery. I was so excited when the Dr visited early Tuesday morning to release me, since he didn’t release anyone else until after 5 that evening. He is the most awesome Dr ever – he cares so much that he is changing peoples lives. When I kept thanking him for changing my life he got all teary eyed and gave me a huge hug.

I had stopped taking any pain meds around noon on Tuesday so when my mom picked me up around 5 I was a lil stiff and swollen and could feel more of the pain. However, it was livable pain. After I got home I definitely starting feeling everything. Getting in and out of the car and into bed hurt soo bad. The worst part is going to the bathroom – just sitting down that far uses all those muscles that are soo sore.

Driving to work this morning was tough – every bump sent pain throughout my body. I did fine at work for the most part. However getting in and out of my chair was a bitch. Walking hurt a lot too. I was feeling a lil nauseous despite all the meds they have me on to help it. My liquids only diet took a toll on my tummy today and that sucked.

The ride home was the worst. I felt every single bump… But as soon as I got home and into bed I felt much better. I am glad to know that I can seriously handle the pain without pain meds! I hate seeing or touching my incisions. 3 are about 1 ½ inches across. One started bleeding immediately after surgery so it looks the worst. They are kept together by glue so I don’t have any staples or stitches! I feel weird when I sneeze though – because it puts so much pressure on my belly I feel like it will all come open.

It was really cool because my boss and coworker came to visit me on Monday. That was so awesome of them! The funny thing is I had a huge sleepwalking/talking incident that night that made my nurses laugh… glad I dint say something incriminating…

So I am taking it easy this weekend to recuperate. I will start returning calls as soon as I feel I can talk long enough!

But all in all this may really hurt right now but its nothing compared to my back surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment