Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Friday, October 10, 2008

POst op

So I had to stay home from work today as I was in too much pain to move much. Think I jumped the gun too quickly because I felt I was doing so good after surgery. But when I got home from work yesterday I definitely felt all the movements I made all day.

I didn’t take my pain medicine but one time yesterday so I felt the full effects of the surgery. Plus I can only take sips right now and if I take a normal sip it hurts soo bad if air gets down there when I take a sip. That kills me – but I get soo thirsty I just want to gulp it down. Taking my meds every morning and night is turning into a nightmare because I can only take one pill every half hour so it doesn’t hurt… Tried to take 3 at one time this morning and I paid for it.

Its still way better than I ever expected it to be. They prepare you sooo much for this that you already know what could happen and how you should handle it. I just feel very swollen and sore. I wanted to give it my all to make it back to work so quickly so I didn’t miss any more work than needed, but I think that was a mistake because I wasn’t ready to get in and out of my car or in and out of my office chair.

I haven’t been able to talk for very long as I get tired easily and talking makes me use my diaphragm a lot which puts pressure on the whole area they took out. I am still using my breathing machine every few hours to make sure I don’t develop pneumonia, since its very easy to not breathe regularly since its hurts to breathe deeply.

So I will get back in touch with everyone as soon as I start feeling better and can talk. I am drinking plenty of fluids – guess my bladder is getting a good workout!

Everyone is more than welcome to stop by if you have time… my mom came over and made my already clean home spotless! I would love the company! =allyv

No comments:

Post a Comment