Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Expectations talk about Scott & I's marriage at ForEver & ForReal at Express Event Center

I feel very proud of myself for standing up in front of the 500 people at ForEver&ForReal today to talk about expectations & tell Scott & I's story of our past few years.

Can't believe how many lives my talk touched but I sure did feel it with the continued applause & everyone touching me, thanking me afterward!

My main point was you go into your wedding & expect to have this perfect wedding & perfect "honeymoon phase" -you dont expect to have 4 in of ice on your wedding ruin it, preventing family from flying in, no honeymoon, a car wreck, a horrific back surgery that leaves you mostly disabled having to have your spouse do everything for you from bathing you to feeding you which led to our divorce our 1st yr of marriage & then to continuing to fight to save our love and to remarry each other the next yr, much to the shock of others around us!

Expectations are very rarely met but you figure out thats ok, you will get thru it in the end - NOTHING IS PERFECT, you just keep on keeping on no matter what the obstacle and no matter how long those obstacle lasts!

I have our love and THAT and only THAT is what is going to keep us together & happy through any obstacle from here on out - I don't need the perfect wedding, a honeymoon, a perfect job, a perfect house.. those don't make love happen. Only our love can carry us through the really hard times . The more you appreciate the smaller, tiny things in life the easier your life will truly be and the happier you will be as a couple.

It really made me feel good that our story touched soo many lives, maybe thats why we were put there - to teach others about our journey and hopefully help them when obstacles arise in thier marriage.

For this first time I saw our tragedy of our first year of marriage and our divorce/remarriage as a positive! Scott & I both got vey teary eyed by everyone's response. It really meant alot after going through what we have gone through!

I can say we are stronger now than we have ever been because of our tragic past, so I know we can make it through anything now!! Alot of people don't have anything go wrong for so long into their marriage and some have it soo much easier in life but eventually they too will experience problems and they too will need help to get through. I am just glad we got such a huge tragedy out of the way early on in our marriage so we are strong enough to handle everything else that comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment