Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My weightloss ourney...month 15th since surgery

I have to say I have fought a battle for a very, very long time, always embaressed to go out. After college I slowly started putting on weight to my tiny frame, but I thought it was no big deal as I couldn’t exercise because of scar tissue from several surgeries that of course they couldn't go in and remove because it would increase the scar tissue, one thought was to cut the femmoral nerve that is damaged but that would mean I wouldn't feel anything below, great for having kids, bad for having a sex life. As the pain from those worsened, the more I put on weight. Even the Mayo Clinic had to put me on meds that caused me to be hungrier, although helped the pain…

Then we had our car accident, my back surgery & I easily put on another 50 lbs from being in bed over a year, then when Scott left another 50 lbs. I was devastated & embarrassed since I couldn't exercise & I was eating to console myself. When I finally got my settlement from the wreck ($22K which is nothing for the 2 years I was outta work) I decided that I couldn’t live like this anymore & went to Weightwise Bariatric Hospital in Edmond http://www.weightwise.com . I had weighed 278 lbs at the time but had to get to 250 for the surgery. It took me all damn summer to lose the weight I needed to lose because I wasn’t following my dietician’s plan exactly.
I just kept thinking how did someone who weighed 120 her senior year in college get this bad – I was always tiny & could eat whatever I wanted & never gain a pound. Once on with Weightwise, it took me 2 weeks strictly on the meal plan & I lost it & they scheduled me for a gastric sleeve surgery in 3 days. Gastric sleeve takes out about 80% of your tummy (about the size of a hot dog) so its not as dangerous as the bypass but works faster than the lapband. I was running down the halls within an hour after my surgery I was soo excited that it didn’t hurt. Over the year I lost 100 pounds as of Oct.6, ‘09 anniversary & I felt great. I am having it a lil harder now because of a lot of medicines goofing it up & have gained a few pounds, but I know I will lose the remaining weight so I can get to my goal weight of 150 by the 2 year mark. It was soo simple & never felt a thing & love always being full soo fast, getting discounts at places or eating off the kids menu.
It is very rough when going to places like Boulevard Steakhouse & all I can manage to eat is a few bites of my steak & one bite of potatoes at my very favorite place to eat. I do wish at those times I could enjoy more, but losing weight is worth soo much more to me & my health. I am scared because I can eat a lot more than even 6 months ago, which is normal… but it also makes it easier to process foods I shouldn’t be eating at all which is bad!! I can say I am off sooo many medicines that come with gaining weight. Thankfully I never reached becoming diabetic, but my blood pressure and cholesterol were astronomical before!
I finally feel soo much more comfortable in my skin. The only skin sagging issue I have found is with my arms, but once I start working out I am told they won’t be a problem at all, if they do I am so going to have them tucked in. I was really scared I would have no boobs once I lost the weight but I haven’t thank god! Now its just going back to what I am supposed to eat which I haven’t been doing this winter I just want everyone to know that even people you see with perfect bodies could one day balloon up too, just give it time. Noone is perfect, we just have to figure out which way is best for you to get to your goal weight… there is no set way to achieve it! I always hope I can inspire someone else to go forward in their fight against their weight no matter what direction they take it. I feel soo much healthier and alive today than I did then, and I just felt trapped in this weird body back then! I don’t want anybody to have to go through what I have over these past 10 yrs. I can only hope I am helping people when I let the world know what I have gone through… Oh yeah and it was great to have Scott back in my life when I had my surgery and for us to remarry. He loves me in any shape I am in but I also get him to kick my ass a lil to exercise so I won’t be too lazy! It’s definitely nice having someone else there to encourage you and guide you through exercise, especially when you don’t have to pay them per session .
** I feel so much better getting that out, hoping it will change the life of someone else that is battling what I battled for soo long!

No comments:

Post a Comment