Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Choir & Update

Hey!



Most of you know that Scott & I are in the choir at our church that is a very liberal Catholic church, Corpus Christie in east OKC, and we are in the minority but we LOVE it more than anywhere we have ever gone. Even my parents loved it!


The following are links to video I took from 3 songs we sang this Sunday that are great! Please listen through to the end as they always end so great!


I included our holy holy because it is pretty and we clap which is very different than most are used to. Scott sings Bass and I still sing Soprano so you can here my high voice along with the others in alot of these songs, because we sing high.


And lastly I am adding our favorite song I might have already added previously that sounds a bit like the Lion King intro. that we sang a while back so you can see how liberal we can get - it was in honor of Martin Luther King Jr Day. Our hymnals are named African Tribal Music Hymnals and are the most amazing joyously Christian songs that I love to sing!


My voice was made for this music, and of course Scott has such a large range he can choose between bass and tenor whenever he wants. He has gotten soo much confidence singing now that so many people have told him how great he is that he sings all the time. I think he needs to be lead vocals in a band if can ever find a band that needs one - he is really that good and I think he is finally realizing that. Funny how he used to NEVER sing and now I cant shut him up! I'm just so proud of him for going with me even though he was scared to sing out loud and now he is doing great! Plus its something we do now as a couple which is always fun!


Was thinking of joining the All City Gospel Choir they are creating for all gospel churches city wide just not sure how they would feel about a white girl auditioning... So instead I am going to start taking voice lessons with our director who is also the entire Director of Music at Langston University and is simply amazing both instrumentally and vocally. Then after some coaching maybe I will feel more comfortable singing a gospel solo - which is my dream.


Singing here has changed my life better than any medicine has, funny because Scott always said the farther I was keeping God from my heart the worse my mind was getting - and I am definitely starting to believe that by how much better I have gotten now that I am letting God in my heart and releasing all the anger I had towards Him for everything I've been through these past few years. Scott & I come home soo happy from practice and from church - we feel soo energized and so much closer to God than we ever have. Many may not believe and thats ok- I truly believe its finding something that gives you hope that makes your mind clearer as my gram would say "accepting that what is, is what is and not fighting it"


We never went to church often before this as we always dreaded it, but that has all changed. We jump out of bed we are so exited to get there - we were actually 30 minutes early this week to get our robes on so we just sat and contemplated in the chapel..


I know this type of church isn't for everybody, may not be for most people, and many are uncomfortable being the minority race. We went to the Mardi Gras party (I do admit we were worried we would be the only white people and people might talk about us being there but we were welcome from our first step in the door) and I got Queen leading everyone in the march and dance and had a blast (even with my back pain - YAY I can finally do all the fun things I used to love before my back injury) - there is absolutely no prejudice against us being white.


They have taken us in as a part of their own families and we feel so loved the minute we walk in. And if they don't know us yet they walk right up to us and introduce themselves and thank us for joining the church. We have never felt so truly appreciated just for being at church and joining their church. We already know almost the entire church!


Washington DC sent their Bishop over all Black and Indian Churches in the United States this week (a large honor) - he used to be the priest of the largest Catholic Church in New Orleans even as a white priest. He was very inspiring and upbeat about our future.


I think that's the key - the entire church is upbeat, mass is upbeat, the deacons and the priest are so upbeat and hopeful - you just feel soo positive as if God truly is right there with you and the Holy Spirit is filling you with so much hope. The homilies almost always make me cry as I can't tell you how many have hit so deep at my heart and what I am/have been going through and give me soo much hope and happiness, even my dad was blown away so much he walked straight up to the deacon to thank him for such a beautiful sermon. The gospel music just hits our hearts more than any type of music ever has. It was amazing how packed mass was yesterday and how many white people have started coming. They ran out of wine and of wafers there were so many people.


We started going to Bible Study but 9am got a lil early, but our friend George has of course grabbed us back in so we will be back to Bible study next week! George is in charge of media for all of Dept of Human Services in OK and knows everyone and is a large reason we know everyone as Scott knew him when he would interview him in news! They bring breakfast for us so it works great! Plus I always love in depth bible study esp after my in-depth college bible class of The Pentatuech!


Lastly, I want you to know how much better my back is getting and how I am finally being able to do the things I used to love to do before the accident. Just dancing with my husband without pain was my own personal miracle I never thought would happen again. I am finally starting to get back to my old self I haven't seen in well over ten years, the happy Ally who was bouncin off the walls and so happy - it feels amazing. It has taken me a long time to get here but I am appreciating every minute of it! I actually get to go places and do things I havent done since the wreck, like going to the Thunder/Suns game tom. night, of course we cant figure out who to root for since it would be kinda wrong since we lived in both cities!


Here are our songs:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4MnypIpEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj66s7WEt4s


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzAamIviE3I




Acah Uhuru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60jTWdfysJA





love, ally :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment