Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ardmore, furniture

Allison Lang Buechner Think Home Depot is becoming our best friend & well be there thru Monday when we arent at home But it'll be for lots of fun stuff lots of machines & I will get to finally feel like a tough girl well if Scott lets me use them anyways :-) All the prep is whats the bitch & we are doing so much I just hope we dont get into... any paint wars or we'll both turn out black & I don't know how long itll take to get that paint off

See MoreMarch 2 at 5:01pm Only Friends · ·
Allison Lang Buechner
Allison Lang Buechner
But it is Scott & I so ya never know what will happen when we get at our silliest - the whole house could end up black... pretty sad that we could do more damage and we dont even drink... well that often anyways :-)
March 2 at 5:03pm ·
Jessica Morton Wallace
Jessica Morton Wallace
what are you guys doing to the house? sounds like a big project!
March 2 at 10:27pm ·
Allison Lang BuechnerAllison Lang Buechner We went back to Ardmore to help my aunt clear my grandmas old house she had been living in but married a judge so they bought their own house and she needs to sell my grams. She had moved from 7000sqft to 1000sqft & built 1000sqft shed behind it for all her valuable furniture, paintings, etc she didnt have room for. Over the years we have all attempted to organize it and failed. Now we had to get it all out. So we went on the train and brought a uhaul back with tons of stuff.

I had a huge armoire with shelves and tons of drawers and got the double dresser that went with it - prob is its all really thick solid wood so its hard to move. Then we got a huge dresser with a huge wood mirror that we are gonna use in our to be nursery one day. Then my parents gave us my dads dresser from when he was a baby and we got a set of 4 ft tall cabinets, and an armoire with glass doors... we are painting everything black and painting all the knobs & pulls silver. There are just soo many pieces, so many drawers, more screws than ever... turned out to be a bigger project than we thought.

But we dont want to move any of it into the house until its the color we want it because it is all soo heavy. Its awesome though because we will forever have these heirlooms to pass onto to our children one day and it makes me feel soo happy!! It makes all the work and expense all worth it. ... See More

Funny thing is we will now have an entire nursery ready for a baby except for a crib and I'm not even pregnant, although we would love to be just not right this moment, I need to find a job first :-) For now we will ust have alot of extra storage which we really need. Especially the furniture we are putting in the office because we have more office stuff between Scott's Mac stuff, film stuff, and my office stuff... plus he got like 3 old projectors from the 1920s on up --- so we are very glad to have the storage now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment