Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

WHEN LIFE GETS REALLY, REALLY HARD *kinda cool realizations from my brain to yours!

HARD when you have lost your home & have 2 rent because youll never qualify for a house for a few years with a shortsale. Got laid off in Oct with no paycheck, just got unemployment, HAVE NOTHING 2 fall back on 2 live on - no savings. BUT I am HAPPY Scott luvs job, depressed w/$9K teeth job because I have 2 keep 10yrold car would even kill for a 5 year old car but cant afford it. Most 16 yr olds have newer cars than mine.

THINK how bad others have it when you think your life is bad. We will never get r new dream home back that we poured our lives into for a year being built and it was only a 2000sqft house but we LOVED it and it had everything we LOVED in it, we will never make the $ my sis will as surgeon which makes me sad I never went to medical school but then glad I didnt since she works like 90-120 hrs a week, I would luv 2 stop worrying WHEN I check the mail. **BUT I will ALWAYS wake up 2 Scott w/smile no matter how hard life is - because thats all that is important - wekk that and our precious, adorable animals anyways :-)

*******************************************************************************
What this has taught me is I DON'T have to have the perfect home, the perfect car or the perfect job to make me happy.

It has taught me to try as hard as we can to save money even when we dont have any money to save so we arent in this situation again. It has taught me how to live alot more frugally than I ever have before - looking back at the hundreds of dollars a month we spent on going out to eat kills me.

There is no reason for us not to be following Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University - we have the entire kit and are just sitting on it. Cause I want to "live like noone else now so I can live like noone else later"

It has taught me we will probably NEVER be able to afford to build a house again or have a house over 2200sqft, but I will have to face this fact and move on and quit getting depressed about it. At least I have a really cute house even if it is a rental and even if we buy it as I love it.

I don't know if we will ever be able to afford to have college savings accounts for our future kids but we will try our hardest as we believe that education is REALLY important. Although I fgot scholarships to pay for my entire Freshman year so I am sure they will be able to too!

I still have no idea how we will ever be able to afford a 401k or an IRA and pay our bills but we will have to figure out a way to each year we dont start one I feel like we are losing tens of thousands of dollars and it eats away at me. I dont want to be like my parents who counted on oil and gas wells to be their retirement only to see that go to shambles and them have no retirement until my dad got his job like 12 years and almost everything goes to his retirement. It still breaks my heart that they had to go through that.

We may NEVER get to take a REAL honeymoon or a trip in the next few years but I am learning to deal with that too. We haven't exactly had a "normal" couple of years so how can I expect to have a "normal" honeymoon. I would rather save our money and take a trip all down the coast of Florida visiting familiy from Pensecola all the way to St Pete stopping to visit family all in between and getting to see the land my cousins and I still still own - and stop by my grandpas grave and our family cemetary. Maybe even swim in the Suwannee River with the manatee's that our land was on before we sold it to family.

Some people have it soo lucky with big homes, lots of trips each year to exotic locals, lots of savings and maybe one day that will be us too but for now I would just take getting a good job that makes me feel confident and important again, where we don't have to worry about bills each month.

We are lucky in that we don't have any credit cards except for the line of credit for my damn Lumineers I have to have. That has been our blessing not being in debt that way.

One day we may finally qualify to own a house again and buy this house and I will be ok with that because it is such a charming comfy house and everyone seems to love it. One day we will finally get that honeymoon on the beach even if its years from now.

One day I will finally be able to take these 5 huge diamonds out of my grandmas ring and put them in a more stable setting so no other diamonds fall out from being from the early 1800s the platinum is beginning to wear down between the diamonds, putting cubic zirconias in their place on my grams ring so I can still wear it without the fear of another diamond falling out - thats gonna be one kick ass ring with those big ole diamonds and I cant wait to design the mountings when we can afford to finally do this. It will be exciting to figure out how they will best be displayed as they are my inheritance and I want them to be on full display at all times so everyone can enjoy them as so many have throughout my family over the years.

My point is I have so many goals in life, but the only one I am so privileged to have is with Scott, I pray to God everyday for bringing us back together and making us such stronger individuals this time around. With him I will have a great life no matter what we do or dont have. Hopefullly we will have children we can instill this in as well. Because this is the point at which I think you appreciate life more - when you have almost nothing but you have family to help get you by. Going to Corpus Christie Catholic Church has really turned our lives around and brought us such hope and happiness that we had lost.

I am finally happy with myself and in that I have found strength and happiness that noone or nothing can ever give me besides God. Through God I can do all things and through Him I have found true happiness. the fact that I have Scott just completes my life. So I will take whatever God throws my way and look at it as being a reason God sent it to me and realize if we are struggling God has reason for it - we must learn from everything God gives us good and bad. The bad is what makes us stronger more compassionate individuals who really care about one another. It makes you realize how much you take for granted.

As my aunt reminded me recently "You have to be happy with yourself you have to be able to complete yourself without anybody else, because look what happened to me. And if that happened to you you have to know that you are strong enough to get through it and to be able to still be standing on your own two feet" She had married at 18, had 2 kids and when her youngest was 6 weeks old her husband was killed during a routine appendectomy from malpratice. So here she was at like 21 with 2 kids and the love of her life gone.

OK so now I'm rambling and need to get off here... I think maybe I should start checking into writing a book I write so damn much and have soo many words of wisdom - although you can say I have been through alot more hell in my life than most people my age so it just comes easy to meWHEN LIFE GETS R
Updated on Saturday · · Allison Lang Buechner
Allison Lang Buechner
And these better be damn perfect, perfectly white teeth for what I'm paying and I swear if a single one of them gets a cavity behind it I'm gonna scream forever! I have temps in now and I can honestly say I NEVER smiled with my mouth open since I got braces in sixth grade because I hated my teeth soo much but now I have a huge smile on my face in ... See Moreevery picture, thats why I keep taking pics of myself... I cant believe how much weight I've lost thus changing my entire face and how great my temp teeth look as I my teeth to fill in the front space and made them bigger than before so I'd have a better smile than before!

I'll just keep thinking that when I see a kid with a new car drive by me "at least I have a HUGE beautiful smile... ya cant carry around a new car with ya everywhere ya go but I can sure as hell carry my gorgeous white smile with me forever... even if thats how long it takes me to pay them off :-)"

ANd I will find the kinda job I had at Caremark where I felt important & appreciated and felt that people really trusted and believed in the work I did each day. My last job was the most menial job a high school student could do it but I was told when offered the job I would be moved into act mgt position asap if I would take this position now, which never happened. I never felt important there, hell noone knew half the work I was doing there and I was working my ass off but they never knew it ever - I didn't go college and have this brain to not have it utilized to its potential so I have to find a job that will. Thats what mission is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment