Powered By Blogger

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours...

Kinda Cool Realizations from my Brain to Yours..

Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My response about Bricktown vs Las Vegas I wanted to defend as this is part of why we moved back from Scottsdale..

Sorry LONG blog but I wanted 2 defend r city I’m proud of after the last comment about Bricktown being boring compared 2 living n Vegas&I know a thing or 2 cuz I lived n other lrg cities both n US&Mexico. Vegas may seem cool to visit but living there can get old between tourists and smoking everywhere and all the stimulation everywhere - the shows would be cool to see as they are always changing! Plus we left heaven of Scottsdale with good jobs to move back here.



If you really want to you can take advantage of muc but most just dont look... Matter of fact Greater Tuna will be in town the 12th-14th consisting of two men playing all hysterical characters that leaving you laughing constantly. It started off in Texas and I grew up watching their video at EVERY holiday event! So even if you get cheap seats it is worth watching

!

People compain about there not being anything to do here but Scott and I have found soo much to do that by Sundays we are dead - look around both papers and online and you will be surprised byt it all. I have an email from OKC letting me know everything going on each weekend. Sure Bricktown Association and Edmond & OKC Chambers have them as well. Plus there are way too many restaurants you havent tried yet so pick something gifferent and truly make it a great long night of conversation with the one you love or with friends - it makes for a great happy night!



Loved living n Scottsdale but I enjoy comfortableness of OKC&not seeing 16 yrolds driving Lamborghini’s or more arriving n clubs w/perfect bodies: boob job w/huge boobs falling out of shirts, chin&jaw&nose lines shaved 4 models face, fat added 2 cheeks, eyes lifted&butt enhancements&Botox at really young ages-its such a fake pretty world albeit mostly grp of people leading lonely false,cold lives. Besides all my down 2 earth friends it was cold but aamazingly pretty place 2 live. People totally caught up n perfection NOT friendliness. Very touristy town so hard 2 meet&keep friends as they always left 2 go back home part of yr-empty homes most of yr makes 4 blank neighborhoods. It was refreshing 2 move back&be surrounded by so much friendliness & great neighborhoods



R friends n LV have been there awhile&are over the LV scene now-not nearly as exciting as was when arrived-all tourists&smokers–no 1 2 really get 2 know as there were a lot of people that come&go



I'll take my Bricktown I think is turning awesome w/extension of bowling alley, movie theater, Sonics Headquarters on canal, NBA Thunder coming 2 town has really opened the area up as there are 10000+people downtown&in Bricktown before/after the game&all the recent hotels by Bass Pro Shop&the huge NYC apt looking ushaped blg by ballpark&canal that seems 2 get better the more things built, ie Toby Keith's I Love this Bar&awesome condo complex w/adult bowling&clothing stores



Can't wait til canal opens 2 river-itll connect Meridian hotel area 2 Bricktown. Plus all the rowing competitions from all over world&hi speed boating competitions Colleges now have active rowing teams on the river.



1 huge downside is paying so much 4 parking. Loved living n Guadalajara, Mexico as u took the bus/taxi everywhere 4 cheap didn’t matter if u drank 2 much cuz u always got home safe-as I’m sure that’s how LV is Wish we’d have better transpo here that was as efficient as Phoenix’s as well as they did n Guadalajara



When I owned a condo dwntwn yrs ago wed walk 2 Bricktown&Id take a cab home 4 $2.25-Loved living there as is so much 2 do as a single chica Really miss it as I went 2 Myriad Bot. Gardens 2 exercise all the time cuz it’s such a beautiful place 2 walk around Never got old&now theyre planning on building huge 40 acre Central Park thatll connect 2 another 30 acres along river when the new I40 opens&an area of it will hold up 2 20000 event goers. Lots of things 2 look forward 2 w/new Maps 3&we have Devon n process of building lrgst bldg n OKC that will b state of the art just behind the "new" library down from Ford Cntr!



Scottsdale’s growing even faster&has more 2 see&do-is exciting when we go back love the weather most of the year, but then I see all the $100K+ cars w/really young kids or really old men&HUGE 20-40K sqft homes soo breathtaking&are only used less than 6 mos a yr&its really sickening!



People here appreciate more of what they have aren’t tarnished by California money yet-except 4 the n Thunder team&staff moving 2 town. I hated going out back 2 Scottsdale cuz I had 2 look perfect 2 get in&even then I hadn’t had cosmetic surgery so I always felt out of place As my roommate said almost every guy has a different girlfriend 4 each night of the week cuz they can cuz they have that much money women just fall all over them I was sitting n my boyfriends house at the time that had millions n 10,000 sqft home on the mountain next 2 The Boulders Resort – they used 2 own all that land thus their $ now, it overlooked the entire Phoenix/Scottsdale/Glendale skyline as all the back glass walls opened up so the whole back of the house was 1 big open outside view. Huge tree trucks twice the size that I could hug where throughout the house&the master bathroom was 1400 sq ft but 2 him it was nothing&couldn’t understand why I was sooo n awe of it all – he said ya whatever I grew up here so it’s no big deal. Realized quickly he wasn’t someone I wanted 2 be with



There are those people there that are great as my hubby grew up there but they are overshadowed recently by this new grp from CA&there aren’t as many down 2 earth people as there were when he grew up. People have 2 drive 1hr 2 up 2 2hrs 2 get 2 work cuz at the time I lived there my 1970s 700sqft apt was $250,000-no one could afford 2 live near Phoenix/Scottsdale&had 2 go far out 2 afford a house. That’s when we decided 2 move back to Edmond&OKC-there were so many kids living n r apts playing n the dangerous parking lots&we didn’t want r kids growing up n an apt or a shitty house. We wanted a big backyard w/out the crappy gravel, actual grass & trees they could run around in&cute house. Plus as Rusty can tell you my hubby was a news photog forever&LOVES storms&he never got that back home growing up so every storm gets him soo excited. When it would get 2 b like 120 degrees n Scottsdale I’d plead w/God 2 please bring that storm over the mountain 2 us 2 cool us down. Now my hubby gets so many storms he is so happy as he never had that growing up. Monsoon season been a bust 4 a while now&he wanted 2 experience huge storms &/or tornadoes!



He has that, now we have r half acre backyard&cute house, he has a great job out of news finally&theres so much 2 do here now we have been on overdrive doing soo many things lately. Just heard my cousins longtime love play at The Wormy Dog&mostly play along W coast so it was a treat! there were many people of ALL ages I was very surprised&by how packed it was. I really do think Bricktown has amazingly picked up now&will continue 2 grow w/the Thunder&w/Maps3



I do understand ur point though as LV is 1 lrg adult playground how can it not be exciting to live there–hard 2 pick where 2 start&what 2 see esp the shows I just saw how they made an all water based Cirque de Soliel&would kill 2 see that. Would rather see all the attractions&do the fun stuff than gamble even though my bro-n-law is a Blackjack dealer n Scottsdale. Think even that would get 2 b 2 much stimulation all the time 4 me. Would rather find a resort there w/kickass outside area/pool 2 lay out&relax at after a night out.



That’s why I like the easiness/simpleness of Bricktown u can walk around most of Bricktown, or take a bicycle cab if 2 far&its not spread all over town. The only problem is figuring out where 2 eat there are 2 many choices now that the NBA came 2 town!



Sorry I respectfully disagree w/ur take on Bricktown – but then again we are ALL dif’t people w/way dif’t tastes so what I may love u may hate&vice versa. I’ll say w/all the coldness of people I could move back 2 Scottsdale n a heartbeat due 2 the scenery&almost perfect year round weather, summer excluded. I really do hope u continue loving it there although I do believe u get almost as much heat as Phoenix n the summer&no one likes that :-)

Just hope u can come back when everything, like the park, etc is built&see just how great the canal turned out&everything surrounding it. It’s funny cuz Scottsdale 4 years had this huge irrigation canal running throughout town&by Fashion Square Mall, 1 of the biggest n the country. They have now started 2 build huge buildings of concierge condos&restaurants right along it like Bricktown except they don’t offer boat rides yet I don’t believe–they actually came out 2 OKC 2 see what we did here 2 plan what they will do there.






No comments:

Post a Comment